4 Jun 2022

4.06.2022 Back on 3 wheels.

 ~~

 4th June 50F, grey overcast and breezy again. When we were promised all day sunshine. Up at 5am. Not feeling too bad today. I have several boxes of charity donations if the shop is open.

 The image shows the remains of the chestnut tree. I doubt the small branches are much use for burning. So they ought to go to the recycling yard as garden waste. Or, they could be woven into the boundary fences as increased security. Probably against deer jumping over.

 Did I mention that I am using colourful boot laces with each of my keys? Each has a different colour and it makes finding them, or remembering to use them, so much easier. Keys are always returned to the same place but sometimes have to be taken with me after locking up. 

 I could never remember if I'd locked the front door when leaving home. Now I have a fixed routine and use a bright yellow lace for the key. Just to ensure I haven't left it in the door after locking it. It also ensures that the keys are far easier to find if I should drop them. Pockets are often mean in depth these days. Finding a key dropped in grass would be almost impossible. The laces are easily large enough to go over my head to be worn around my neck.

 9.00 53F, still overcast. Having morning coffee. I have been for my walk. Did some weeding to remove lots of thistles and dandelions. Now I have filled another trailer full from all the stuff which had gathered around the house door over the years. This was finally evicted by the arrival of the firewood. I have stacked the gardening tools upright against the shed.  Though I haven't found a proper home for them yet. I shall be going to the recycling yard in a moment. 

12.00 The sun came out eventually. I have just returned home from delivering a good load of stuff to a museum's supporting charity shop. Detoured via a large garden centre looking for a memorial for Shirley. Nothing very obvious. I was filled with nostalgia while driving along the familiar lanes and roads. Which I had cycled along. So many times. Over the years. 

 Now what am I going to do for the rest of the day? I had started clearing junk from the other shed wall. Ready to stack up some of the chestnut logs. Access to the boundary fence isn't easy for stacking the smaller branches. It might be easier to be rid of them at the recycling yard.  

 13.00 Came in for lunch after stacking chestnut logs against the shed. Still more to do.

 14.20 Just had a nap to catch up on my sleep. It is a lovely sunny afternoon and not too hot. Perhaps I should go for a ride? 

 17.00 65F. I am enjoying a cup of tea after returning from a ride to the coast. The wind turbines were all still but it felt like a headwind most of the time. I chose a route where I hadn't cycled for some time. Going remarkably well. The minor roads and lanes were very quiet. I have never seen the countryside looking so beautiful. Flowers everywhere and the verges safely untouched. Lots of people sitting outside their homes. Enjoying the sunshine. 21.5 hilly miles.

 I have been trying to clean the washing machine innards. First I ran a cycle with 95C and lots of vinegar. Now I am running a cycle with 95C and baking powder. All recommended from an online search. When it finally stops I will have to try my first sports clothing wash. I had been putting it off. I have a bottle of suitable detergent and a program. Lots of cycling shorts and shirts to catch up on.

~~

No comments:

Post a Comment