7 Jun 2022

7.06.2022 And there was light.

 ~~

 Tuesday 7th 51F. Overcast and breezy. Showers promised. Up at 5am. Feeling a bit wobbly today. My back and shoulders are aching. Risky to take a walk between showers?

 6.00 With the more distant recycling yard open again I will have to go there. A discarded, worm ridden sideboard needs to be dumped. Plus several boxes of charity donations for the shipping container. 

 I want to clear the lounge floor as much as possible. In readiness for tomorrow's visitor. The local yard isn't open until tomorrow and that will be too late. 

 A shame the unsettled weather continues. I will have to take special precautions to keep the charity boxes dry. Put them in the boot instead of the trailer. It is awkward to unload such large and heavy boxes with the trailer in the way. I'll have to be careful to avoid injury. 

 6.30 The radar on the Danish weather service [DMI] shows a gap in the showers arriving from the south. I'll have a walk to loosen up my back.

 7.00 Returning from a brisk walk to the lanes. A cold, blustery wind and spitting with rain. Too early for morning coffee. I'll load the boot instead. 

 7.20 Job completed. I threw some dolobrata branches into the trailer as well. The recycling yard doesn't open until 10.00. That's a long wait if I don't do something useful. It has started raining properly now. I'll clear the stove area of accumulated boxes and baskets. Done. Light showers continue but didn't stop me loading the car and trailer.

 8.20 55F  The car is now far more full than I had originally envisaged. I kept finding lots more stuff for the charity container. I am learning to let go. 

 11.00 It is raining again. I have just returned from the more distant recycling yard. Shopped before and after. Now what?  

 13.00 Lunch. The weather is awful With gales and heavy showers.

 14.30 57F.  I have been vacuuming the floor and cleaning the bathroom sink. The kitchen and bathroom floors are going to be mopped next. Small beer, perhaps, but vital preparations for the visiting VIP. 

 The place just seems to be getting bigger and bigger. As each redundant item is removed. I keep catching glimpses of things not seen before. Because there was always something in the way. Curtains over interior glazed doors for example. Permanent curtains pulled over windows and bulky, superfluous furniture.

 Letting the light in certainly exposes the cosmetic flaws but helps to open out the spaces. Maximising the apparent room available. There is still an awful lot to do but I need a rest from the constant tidying. More than two months of continuous activity now and counting.

 I need to widen my diet and food choices by increasing my cooking skills and knowledge. Which will come with experience and practice. To use the curry sauce, already sitting on the shelf in the kitchen, I need to cook chicken fillets. Which means I need to know how to do so safely. 

 There are always risks with cooking unfamiliar items. Failure could mean food poisoning. I know that eggs are an example of a risky food product in the hands of the ignorant. I am wondering if there are classes for the ignorant cook? I could watch YT videos about cooking. Though I have never found celebrity TV cooking shows interesting.  


~~

No comments:

Post a Comment