30 Jun 2022

30.06.2022 Blogspot is broken!

 ~~

The blog layout is still broken. I can't repair it. Every time I do it completely ignores my new settings despite being 'saved.' Then it makes completely random new changes I never chose nor saved!  I even tried "Return to default" without improvement. The page being shown isn't even what I see in preview changes! Has Google BlogSpot been hacked? Google no longer owns BlogSpot? 

Update: This layout mess is browser related. I get the followers thumbnails on Chrome but not on Firefox. The narrowed background clouds are the same on both browsers. I am now attempting to edit the theme and layout using Chrome. No improvement! One step forwards: Three back.

 

Thursday 30th 57F, bright and clear. Though the sky looks white towards the NE sun. Probably thin, high cloud. 

Up at 5am. My shoulders are aching slightly,. No other ill effects from yesterday's ride. It would be amusing to go for another ride. As if I was on a cycling holiday. Though most people would probably take breaks at intervals. My only break was in the cycle shop looking at helmets. I have been wearing a battered and sweat stained baseball cap recently. I'd wear my Tricycle Association cap but the peak's plastic lining shattered into shards at first wearing!

 It has just occurred to me that I haven't raised the handlebars. Which is an option to reduce the weight on my hands. I have no idea if the stem can even be loosened now. It hasn't been touched since I first fitted it.

 The involuntary mess, which happened to my blog, has lost my followers. I have no idea how to get them back. The text size is a mess too! Can a blog service be hacked?

 7.00 66F. Breakfast over. Time for a walk.

8.00 The usual half hour walk to the lanes. Warm and sunny.

10.00 75F. I am struggling to contact businesses, government departments, services and organisations with totally inadequate staff numbers to answer the telephone. A 20 minute wait [as the latest standard] is not [remotely] customer service. Particularly when it is an international call. 

 I have regular circulars from my insurance companies trying to sell me more insurance. Guess what? When I ring them, on another matter, I have to wait 20 minutes, or more, for somebody to answer the telephone. Including their emergency line to report that I am stuck at the bottom of a lake, at the bottom of a precipice, after going off the road!

 Then there are the "iClever" phone systems: Which repeat at 10 second intervals, while they keep you hanging on the line for 20 minutes, that customer service is their "highest priority." The really clever [i Psychopathic liars] phone systems. Which tell you [at 20 second intervals] that you are Number 1 in the queue and expected waiting time is one minute. While still keeping you waiting for the "customer services industry standard" of 20 minutes. 

 My DeWalt chainsaw has been returned for repair for nearly three weeks now. So I rang the repairer. Things have been held up due to a lack of spares. I should hopefully have it back soon.

 I just managed to lift the forward, handlebar extension off the steerer. Then lifted the bars by about 18mm by moving the spacers around. I can still gain another 12mm in height by placing the last spacer under the extension. The brake and gear cables are stretched by lifting the handlebar extension. I have no desire to unwind the handlebar tape to give some extra freedom.

 11.00 77F. I am going shopping on the trike as a test ride. 

 13.30 Returned from a shopping trip on the trike. Headwind on the way home. 14miles.

 15.00 77F Afternoon nap over.

 18.00 76F.  Spent the afternoon working on my tricycle mechanics. Checking the back axle bearings for lubrication, etc. It felt hot out there in the sunshine.

Dinner was cod in batter, baked beans, tinned, chopped tomatoes and a bread roll.

 

 

~~

No comments:

Post a Comment