24 Mar 2022

24.03.2022 Crisis ongoing.

 ~~

Thursday 24th 48F [09.30] Another mild, sunny day.

My dear wife, "The Head Gardener," mulching the huge and prickly, boundary hedge. The hedge consisted of a few, bare, tree trunks on our arrival. She filled it out with countless extra plants which she cultivated herself. This eventually shielded and protected us from the toxic neighbours from hell.


 I have been out in the car again to fetch some bigger, transparent, storage tubs.  I am clearing and reorganising the whole house while my wife is in hospital. 

 Sloping ceilings in the attic bedroom have defeated us so far. We have developed an incredibly inefficient combination of small wardrobes, cupboards, cardboard boxes, wicker baskets and bags. 

 I started with 10 x 20L boxes but soon ran out of volume. I dare not throw out anything without disciplined supervision. Now have an additional 10x 50L and 3x 72L. Just to play with. 

 Then I had to drive the 58km to to the hospital for the completely unexpected diagnosis. My wife had already been told. But would not say anything on her frantic phone call for me to get there soon. Not good news at all! Terminal cancer spreading widely. My poor, poor dear! She wants to come home!



 ~~

No comments:

Post a Comment