22 Mar 2022

22.03.2022 Sygehus communication?

 ~~

Tuesday 22nd clear and sunny again. Slight overnight frost. 57F at 13.00!

The hospital telephone system is broken. When they say they are putting the caller on hold. For a staff member to become available. It goes straight to the engaged tone! Am occasional microsecond of the queuing jingle then endlessly engaged. More than a dozen times now. I emailed them but still no change in over an hour. Again and again through the afternoon. Each time it went straight to the engaged tone.

Luckily I tried my dumb mobile phone. This had no problem getting through. More hours wasted because they could not find my wife. Or kept putting me though to the wrong number. Then more time wasted as I kept being put repeatedly through to a nurse who never answered the phone!

Silly me! Everybody, except us, have smart mobile phones surgically welded to their bods. Anyway, I finally got through to my wife. Who was now completely distraught at not hearing from me. I had a quick snack and drove the 70 minutes to the hospital 58km away. We spent a couple of hours chatting before I had to return home in the dark. That took another 80 minutes. It has been a very long day! 


~~

No comments:

Post a Comment