13 Mar 2022

13.03.2022 Too many symptoms!

 ~~

 Sunday 13th. Up at 04.30 today. Once I was awake I had to get up. Dripping with sweat and my mind racing in circles. Blood pumping tinnitus. Another sunny day spoilt by SE winds. Tobacco filter in the NE again. 

 My walk was even earlier than usual. Returning into a biting cold wind and blinding, low sun. The top of a local hill beckoned. Hill in local Danish terms means a gentle mound. The field had just been raked to break up the winter crop. Not much point in photography into the sun. Though I took a few snaps from my new vantage point.

 I wonder if we both have the Omicron variant? Insomnia. Blocked or runny nose. Change of taste and smell. Loss of appetite. Nausea. Fuzzy thinking. Fatigue. Depression. Changes in toilet habits. Strange aches and pains. Feeling hot or cold. Dry mouth from not breathing through our noses.

 We both had similar symptoms two years ago in the spring. Right at the beginning of the pandemic headlines. It might be "Long Covid" following these much earlier but mild symptoms. Or it might just be seasonal flu. Or even a cold in my case. Having written it all down, at least there won't be any doubt if I should fall silent. I have had three Pfizer Covid jabs in case anyone asks. My wife would have none.

 I have been increasingly struggling to clear my throat of thick phlegm. Now my nose has changed from feeling blocked in the sinuses to running. Occasional sore throat. Too many symptoms! Having to concentrate, just to think, is hard work. I'll have to keep going! When all I really want to do is cry.

 Keeping going was the order of the day. The entire contents of the shed was brought out in boxes, poked about a bit and then sorted into the car trailer to overflowing. Then I found time to carry heavy stuff down our vertiginous stairs and outside. No rest for the wicked! Nearly 7pm and I have finished my labours for the day. Now all I need to do is make dinner.


~~

No comments:

Post a Comment