29 Jun 2020

29.06.2020 Sleepless mornings?

~~

Monday 29th 56-69F, a bright and breezy start but cloud and then rain forecast. Or no rain and some sunshine?

I have been waking up much earlier than usual. It is getting worse but I don't feel stressed. 5.30 this morning and wide awake. So I got up. To sit quietly on the computer.

I haven't gained any weight nor had any health problems. We are being very careful and staying rurally isolated. Which is not difficult in our situation. Remote shopping has its irritations but no worse than shopping myself. The pandemic has become more of a distant problem rather than a serious worry.

I am deeply engrossed in my hobbies, as usual. Nothing much has changed in our lifestyles apart from the lack of cycling. Still thoroughly enjoying my morning walks. Though I should probably walk further now and then. Perhaps I need to cycle more to increase my exercise levels? A few loops of the empty lanes might do me good. Pick a hilly route to maximise the benefit with the least traffic, time or mileage.

Perhaps we simply need thicker curtains in the bedroom? It's not quite; "land of the midnight sun" but it doesn't get fully dark at this time of year. The bedroom window faces east. So catches the dawn. I'll try hanging a dark sheet over the usual curtains. Just as an experiment. It has been rather warm indoors too. Up in the low 80sF. Though now the mini heat wave has broken it is much more comfortable. It could be as simple as that.

I took my own advice and went for a long walk. Along the road, up the steep track to the woods. Then through the beech forest. Circumnavigated the forest via edge of field tracks and back past the marsh to the village. Only a single pair of Mallards on the pond.  I saw one hare and one living and one dead deer. The latter half on the verge. The woods are full of brambles. Making progress a bit of a meander. The wind helped to keep it cool despite it having reached 70F on my return.

A fat, really ugly, sociopath, wearing glasses and driving a dark red car, put his foot down and tried to run me over to impress his mate. Whom was following far too closely in a paler, red, equally nondescript car. No doubt I have inflamed the nutter's human rights to privacy by describing him so accurately. So now I can look  forwards to a prison term for my crime of textual self-defence against attempted, vehicular murder.

~~

No comments:

Post a Comment