~?~
Sunday 9th 56F/13C [6.20] A bright but cloudy start. To what is promised to be wall to wall sunshine. Peaking at 26C/79F. Rather breezy from the south east. Going southerly. I had better water the outside, potted plants. 21C/70F in the room. 14C/57F in the greenhouse. Up at 5.50 with cramp in my left calf. Fortunately it soon passed. I start every day with a glass of water now. I didn't used to like the taste but now it seems fine. Not too cold either. As summer heat reaches down to the kilometers of plastic piping.
11.25 Off we jolly well go. I'll have a tailwind going and headwind coming back.
13.05. 80F/27C. Returning from a 31km ride. I was slightly light headed at times. With my vision brightening strangely. I hadn't lost my marbles. Nor my balance. So I persevered. I'll take my blood pressure when my lunch has gone down.
My ride took me up to the motorway and the close-by, new rail route. The raising of the ground to match the raised bridge level is going very slowly. It seems to consist of adding sand in layers. Quite recently there was a huge hollow in the middle of the picture above. The sheer scale of the sand castles is lost in this image. The motorway is just beyond the trees in the background. A blue sign can be seen.
There are combine harvesters everywhere. I have only been caught in the "snow storm" once so far. When a harvester was turning right beside the road. The giant machines were mostly more distant today.
I ran the robot mower along the drive a couple of times. Washed up while Sunday dinner was cooking. Emptied the indoor recycling tubs and dragged a recycling bin along the drive. So today was not completely wasted.
Dinner was an organic pork chop, peas, boiled potatoes and gravy.
~?~


No comments:
Post a Comment