The upstairs windows have also been closed. Rather than left slightly open. "On the catch." For beneficial ventilation and any slight chimney effect. From warm air rising up the open stairwell escaping through the gaps. With any cross draught differential. From the wind aiding heat extraction.
The display cabinets need to be restocked. I may bring down my late wife's teapot collection. See if I like having that on show. It will be well lit for photography. Should I decide to sell those too. Are there any collectors willing to buy a whole collection? I haven't a clue how many there are.
I have been enjoying comfortable temperatures. Now, with a sub 20C/68F trend in the weather. I have closed the skylights and doors of the greenhouse. It is time to take advantage of the isolating properties of the greenhouse. Since it covers most of the southern facade. I'll take down the shade net as soon as it is dry. So any solar gain will be stored in the southern wall. As much as a single glazed lean-to greenhouse can manage. They are not particularly airtight.
I dusted and polished the cabinets and began to install my late wife's collection of teapots. I discovered a full tea set. Top go with the flowery teapot, milk jug and sugar container. On the second shelf from the top. The coffee pot and mugs on the top shelf are from Wales.
19.00 It has been pouring down with claps of thunder.
Dinner was chicken slices on wholemeal bread rolls. I am letting the chicken cool before adding it to the rolls. It worked but I should simply have sliced the chicken normally. Rather than trying to cut it in only two [rather thick] slices. Which had to be cut up anyway. To spread them around.
11.00 I have been watching a film on TV and have had pain over my heart for quite some time. About half an hour. I have used the nitroglycerine but it hasn't helped yet.
11.05 But now it has. Good night.
~?~


No comments:
Post a Comment