21 Aug 2026

21.08.2026

 ~?~

  Friday 21st 56F/13C [7.30] Bright but risk of scattered showers.  Peaking at around 21C/70F. Breezy from the northwest.

 21C/70F in the room. 13.5C/56F in the greenhouse.

 Up at 7.30 after another quiet night. 

 Delivery of my e-bike's new tyre and inner tube confirmed by email. For later collection from the local parcel office. Which deals with multiple carriers.

 9.10 I have had my online, morning chat. Now I am going for a gentle walk. 

 9.45 And back again. From a slow loop of the northerly neighbours' drives. I had to return early yesterday. When I became too breathless to continue with my visitor. No breathlessness today but my quadriceps were aching from lack of walking. A neighbour's expanded plot is looking good. It was a rough field only a few months ago.

 The robot mower was still busy. Steadily improving the grass sward on the drive embankment and paddocks. Lots of new trees are growing out of the marshy area. Which is likely to block my view eventually. After my clearing a narrow window in the garden trees. The mere existence of trees suggests that the marsh is drying out. In past years it was prone to annual, winter flooding. The few trees clung to the banks of a natural pond.

 12.30 Returning from the village with the new tyre and inner tube. I drove back through the forest to enjoy the sunshine and countryside.

 13.45 Had lunch. Fitted the new tyre and tube. Used washing up liquid and water as a lubricant. 

 

  ~?~

No comments:

Post a Comment