~?~
Sunday 2nd 61F/16C [8.05] A bright start to a mixed day of cloud and sunshine. Breezy from the west and SW. Peaking at 21C/70F. The same temperature as in the room. 16C in the greenhouse.
Up at 7.40 after an unusually quiet night.
I might have a modest ride. See if there has been any progress on the new cycle path. Though there may have been a lull due to the summer holidays. All the pedal trolleys were lined up on the track in Glamsbjerg. Just beyond the high street crossing. Where there are no current plans to extended the cycle path.
11.00 A bit later than planned. I have been tidying the kitchen and cupboards.
13.00 Back from a 32km ride. I almost changed my mind about going. As the sky to the north turned inky black. It remained dry but with a constant headwind. Later I was finding short lengths of wet road. From very localized showers. Even the gravel on the parking space was dark with recent rain.
There was no sign of any change on the new cycle path. Though the area approaching Ebberup was heavily churned up by horses hooves. Greatly increasing my rolling resistance. I had to engage Turbo mode. Just to maintain forward movement. This wasn't on the finished surface. It was only the mud foundation. It is still four months before the cycle path is supposed to be completed.
I managed to find a narrow lane. Which I could not remember ever having traveled. It coincided with full cloud overcast. I kept turning right at various junctions. Assuming I was heading for home. Only to emerge at the village I had just left! I had completed a perfect square on the map!
~?~
No comments:
Post a Comment