5 Aug 2026

5.08.2026 Are DeWALT batteries a lottery?

 ~?~

  Wednesday 5th 66F/19C [7.50] Overcast and breezy. With a whole day sunshine on offer. After early cloud clears. The thunderstorms can be seen moving north eastwards on the radar. Peaking at 24C this afternoon. 23C/73F in the room. 20C/68F in the greenhouse. With a steady, breeze through the open, end doors. 

 Up at 7am after a fairly quiet night. The sky was flashing continuous with lightning when I got up during the night. Though I didn't hear any heavy rain from reported cloudbursts. It has obviously rained in the night. 

 I started feeling dizzy during my morning online chat. So I checked my blood pressure. Three times, as usual. With 5 minutes between each reading. It ended with 97/67.  

 I went back to bed. Waking with a lingering unease at the dizziness still hovering over me. 

 

 I asked Google how many YouTube videos are about DeWALT tool batteries not recharging? Strangely, it could only say thousands. No official figure in the days of AI and total information control for advertising and profit. 

 This is only the very tip of the iceberg. Because countless millions more DeWalt battery owners won't have posted videos. I'll keep digging. I bet the number of dead DeWALT batteries out there run into the many hundreds of millions! 

 I asked an AI and it said there were probably tens of thousands of YT videos about this subject alone. Actual numbers are difficult to obtain because of the dynamic nature of YouTube. With vast numbers of new videos being added every day and night. Yeah right.

 DeWalt must be grinning all the way to the bank. Selling very expensive, but crap batteries. To unsuspecting millions of customers globally. DeWalt offer a limited warranty of three years. Though it seem to exclude normal wear and tear. Trying to repair the batteries is considered dangerous and voids any guarantee. 

 The reason I am questioning this is that I have a large, DeWALT 9Ah battery which refuses to charge. It does not respond to jump charging from a good battery. As the millions of Identikit YouTube videos suggest. YouTube is now the worst possible reference for literally anything. Thanks to the algorithm you have to watch 18 minutes of padding and crap for every nugget of real information. With AI Turds and downright lies being the greatest growth area. 

 The cheapest price for a replacement battery, discounted online, is around 1000 Danish Kroner. £120 equivalent! 2000 DKr or £240 from the nearest builders merchant chain. Do I want to pay that much for a DeWalt lottery ticket? For a vital tool, when I need it, but that I rarely use? 

 I just checked. The battery date is 2017. So I have had 9 years of service from this battery and should stop complaining? Well no, the number of times the saw was used was probably less than once a year. The battery was too big and heavy for most of my other DeWALT tools. The battery has probably died from not being constantly recharged. So having too high expectations. 

 Dinner was fish fingers, peas and chips. The phone battery was flat and had gone into emergency shut down. So no pictures of the unhealthy feast.

  

  ~?~

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment