14 Aug 2024

14.08.2024 Not again?

 ~o~

  Wednesday 14th 62F/17C [6.20] A dry but cloudy day followed by rain this evening? There are thunderstorms sliding by to the north and west. Quite breezy at times. 

 Up at 5.30 after a quiet night but with strange dreams. My legs are still hurting from the knee bending exercises on Monday. Back to the fray again tomorrow! I don't seem to be breathless so far this morning. I have just climbed the stairs to check. It wasn't too much of a struggle. 

 I can't believe that I ran upstairs effortlessly and without a second thought for nearly 28 years. It must have been at least a dozen times a day. It may well have been why I remained so fit. My wife and I used to run up the wide stairs in the shopping mall in the city. It was far quicker than slumping like a pudding on the conveyor belt.

 7.00 Going for a walk.

 7.45 That didn't go well! It started off fine but I soon became breathless. So much so that I almost felt I was fainting on the gentle inclines. Not good! I pushed myself to reach my usual turning point. Which only seemed to make reaching home again even more difficult. The sky started off dark to the west but crept slowly overhead. I have had to turn the table lamp on. 

 9.00 Dark and raining. Had a nap. Feeling better.

 Just walking to the bathroom made me breathless. So I wasn't up to visiting my friend. I had another lazy day on the computer.

 Dinner was John West mackerel in tomato sauce on toast. I prefer the Sæby.


  ~o~

No comments:

Post a Comment