28 Apr 2023

28.04.2023 52km in two hours.

 ~o~

 Friday 28th 2C/35F. Calm and bright but with a speckling of cloud. A white frost on the field grass. I woke up shivering in bed several times. Before finally getting up to find a thin jumper. It was 20C/68F at bedtime thanks to the sunshine on the greenhouse. 19C/66F in the night. I should have been too warm but wasn't. Weird. 

 Most of the trees and shrubs are showing leaves now. Do I have time for a short, therapeutic walk? A visit from the council councilor this morning. After months of  inactivity I had a backlog of clearing and vacuuming to do. The heaps of laundry have been attended to. Though my socks may be a little crisp at first on the outdoor drier. The tiled floors need a wash too. I have no routines for anything. Not even the shopping. I have run out of milk. So no morning coffee. Not unless I do a quick trip into the village in the car. Which I did.

 Back to reality and washing and scrubbing the tiled floors. Vacuuming the carpets and tiles. Clearing packing materials and empty boxes. I can even reach the end of the kitchen after clearing the painting and tiling equipment. Which hadn't been touched in many months. 

 We had a good talk for ages and when she left it was lunch time. After lunch I rode to my friend's house. Leaving to ride home as dusk beckoned. 52km round trip in two hours. I used mostly Sport mode for speed. I am getting used to the new saddle and maintaining a high cadence to protect my knees. 

 The panniers were fine and I have discovered a way to trap the spare battery in its bag between the panniers. The tension straps and roller fastening buckles safely enclose the battery bag. I'd still like the extra security of some leather straps. To hold the battery bag securely to the rack regardless of rough tracks.

 Dinner was poached eggs on toast and tomato soup.


~o~

No comments:

Post a Comment