13 Apr 2023

13.04.2023 Spudulike.

 ~oo~

 Thursday 13th 29F. Quite bright, but with a milky sky covered in thin cloud. Breezy. Thursday cooking class. Going in the car. I need to raise the e-bike. To be able to work on the fiddly wiring underneath the motor. Or lay the bike down on some protective boards outside. The strongly oval, aluminium, frame sections don't hold securely in my bike stand. The jaws are designed for normal, round tubes. The saddle pin is too far back for balance and the weight might destroy the dropper post. 

 An early walk would ease the pain from yesterday's [over] exertions. 

8.45 Back from my walk in bright sunshine. A pair of Linnets were watching me from a hedge. I remained still and they just sat there and stared at me. In all honesty I had to look up the likely birds to be able to identify them. Not a common sight.

 14,00 Back from cooking and shopping. I peeled, boiled and baked some potatoes. With Rosemary for decoration. Two trays full and most were eaten.

 I tried to mend the broken wire on my e-bike with the Scotchlok connector. Sadly the wire is too short and too thin for me to work with. I did more harm than good trying to strip back the pair to get a longer tail. 

 So now I am taking the e-bike to the nearest Bosch authorized workshop tomorrow. This is probably only the second time I have ever used a bike shop to make a repair in 60 years. Both previous problems were with bottom bracket threads. 

 16.40 It started raining hard.

 No dinner required as I had eaten at the cooking class. 


~o~

No comments:

Post a Comment