17 Apr 2023

17.04.2023 Battery Boy rides again!

 ~o~

 Monday 17th 6C/42F. Clear and bright. A week of sunshine is promised. With rising temperatures. I had better get the shade nets onto the greenhouse. Up at 5.30.

 7.00. Going for an early walk.

 8.00 Only another walk to the lanes. My hearing aids make a huge difference. To hearing and enjoying birdsong and calls. The trees and hedges were alive with their sounds this morning. Sounds which went completely unnoticed in the past. 

 I saw a Plover [or Lapwing] for the first time in years. It was cavorting over the bare fields. In the crazy acrobatic flying they often display. Sadly there was little sound from it before it disappeared over a hill. Their call is so beautiful yet haunting. Unlike the Song thrush. Which I would prefer they toned it down a bit. To me, they always sound as if they are trying much too hard to be loud. Rather than mellifluous.

 12.00 I have returned from another ride to town on the trike. The bike shop owner hopes to complete fixing the wiring on my e-bike by the end of the day. Which is very kind if he manages it. I was an idiot not to have him fit the new computer display. He told me that they hang the motors on straps when they need to work on them. His vast experience is worth a ton of my fuzzy theory. It should have been "plug and play." Not when I am involved! 29km at an average speed of 16kph. Effortless going. A headwind and uphill coming home. Wall to wall sunshine.

 16.00 13C/53F. Just back from another shopping trip on the trike. This time to the village. I also retrieved my new printer cartridge from the automatic parcel machine. Bright sunshine. So I have the greenhouse door open.

 18.30 I am once again the proud owner of an e-bike. The bike shop manager fixed everything and updated the Nyon display. I brought the e-bike home in the trailer. I have been fiddling with WiFi and other settings. The new display had to be paired to my phone. Meanwhile, my phone has been misbehaving in the supermarkets. I couldn't pay because there was no WiFi connection. There was no time in the queue to try and fix this problem. So I used my card instead.

 Dinner will be cheese on toast. Followed by soup. I haven't had that for ages. And so it was.

 

~o~

No comments:

Post a Comment