3 Feb 2022

3.02.2022 Rain.

 ~~

 Thursday 3rd 40-43F, dark grey overcast, misty and raining hard.

 10.00 No walk so far. 

I went after morning coffee instead. It rained steadily so my jacket was wet on the outside. Warm and dry inside. I wore my man made, waterproof trousers just for a change. They proved to be wet with condensation on the inside on my return after 40 minutes. So much for breathable material! That said, my walking trousers were not wet and would have been. Had they been exposed.

 Later I was shopping in the car, still in the rain. Very few people were wearing masks today.  

 There were huge clouds of rooks all mixed up with gulls on a roadside field. The combination of vast numbers of jet black birds with snow white looked strangely untidy! I can't remember ever having seen these two types of birds mingling so thoroughly. The gulls were mostly on the ground and didn't seem too bothered about the aerial invasion. Presumably the rooks are pairing off for the breeding season. I couldn't stop to watch their antics because of the traffic. They were there yesterday while I traveling the opposite way.


~~

No comments:

Post a Comment