14 Feb 2022

14.02.2022 Grey then sunshine. Higgins trike for sale.

 ~~

Monday 14th 45-46F, mild but windy and grey again. The usual walk despite my poorly knee. Skylarks singing. Geese overhead.

Sunshine in the afternoon but the gales make it rather chilly to be outside.

I have mentioned that I am selling my Higgins 'Ultralite' and Longstaff Conversion Axle on the On3Wheels UK based triking forum. Ironic that I built that entire forum originally. Every word of the entire format is mine. 

The Tricycle Association wasn't remotely interested in online service to their members at the time. I left the forum behind when the "creeps" joined. Desperate to share their hideous chips on their shoulders and paranoid delusions. I thought I was falling over backwards to be friendly, encouraging, kind and helpful!

 I haven't even decided what the Higgins is worth. It carried me for many tens of thousands of miles in all weathers. The Trykit 2WD axle let me travel freely all year round. Even in 4" of snow, uphill and down. Eventually I began to get back pain from being stretched out too far. Or it was just too much tricycling? Even the shortest handlebar stem didn't help. That was when I had the R951 stainless steel Trykit built for me by Geoff Booker. 

 The Higgins has had very few outings since then. I'd like somebody to cherish and ride it as much as I did. It is an awful waste to have it hanging from the rafters of the shed. My wife wouldn't know how to advertise it if anything happened to me. It would probably be scrapped. Along with all the other bike stuff I have collected over a lifetime. I have boxes of saddles, gears, brakes and chainsets just sitting there year after year. If it was the UK I'd have it all on eBay.

~~

No comments:

Post a Comment