16 Feb 2022

16.02.2022 Storm warning!

 ~~

Wednesday 16th 40F. Another, dark, grey day with a storm passing over tonight. An early walk to avoid the promised rain. It started raining as soon as I left. I plodded on. To spot a large, brown, bird of prey on a roadside field. It moved off a little at first. Then flew off to perch in a tiny tree. Making both of them look rather out of scale. Traffic was light. So I didn't have to take to the verge as often as usual. 

My painful knee is not improving. I keep wondering if it would help to have a short ride. I am having to climb and descend the stairs half a step at a time. One foot forwards to be joined by the other.

Tonight brings a storm. Followed by yet another on Friday and Saturday. Oh joy! 

It reached 47F mid-afternoon. Though windy, we are best sheltered by trees from the west and NW. The forecast is for gusts up to 26m/s by midnight tonight and into the early hours. That's nearly 60 mph!

 

~~

No comments:

Post a Comment