1 Feb 2022

1st February 2022 Freedom to catch Covid from today.

 ~~

 Tuesday 1st Feb 35F, heavy overcast. With rain forecast for all day. I have to take back some rotten/mouldy fruit to the supermarket a few miles away. At least two supermarket chains were selling mouldy/rotten organic clementines yesterday.  I had to dash off from the checkout to quickly find a replacement for one obviously rotten bag full. Only to discover that the bag I had taken was completely mouldy/rotten when I got home. 

That's the problem with living in a country where there is no detectable consumer protection. Not even for the thousands of Danes. Who had their pensions stolen  by swindlers on the government's, own <cough> "secure," online, payments system.

 Grey and breezy, at first. It started raining at halfway on my walk to the lanes. No that it mattered to me in my recently reproofed, winter coat. Three deer broke cover from a distant hedge. Then ran uphill, diagonally across the prairie. Probably some 800 meters in all. They paused to look back just before entering the forest. Meanwhile a bird of prey sat bemused throughout the whole drama. It was sitting slightly to the left of their route. So in no danger of being trampled.

 Denmark is freed of most Covid restrictions from today despite soaring levels of positive tests. THis doesn't mean that it has gone for good. Just that it is no longer considered a national, survival critical pandemic. I shall continue to wear a mask. Who knows how new mutations will affect people in the long term? 

 What will the overpaid, brain dead, anti-vax "influencers" make their dirty money from now? Probably get paid for downplaying the dangers of oil and coal to climate change. Probably much too late to make a quick buck from downplaying tobacco. Though there's always artificial tobacco products to promote. For a nice, big, fat backhander from the tax-free classes.  

 I returned the rotten/mouldy fruit to the supermarket. Where the staff member would not give me a refund because I did not have my receipt. I had changed jackets because of the rainy weather today. I persevered and the overtly racist, checkout operator put the coins in the tray. Just as she has done in all the years I have been shopping there. 

She always slides the fence across. So I have to go right around the belt just to reach my shopping. Even when nobody else is anywhere near the checkouts. My receipt is always placed in the money tray. Unlike every other customer. Where nothing is ever too much trouble and she smiles and hands them their change and receipt. 

 I just checked the independent, online, customer rating website. To discover that this supermarket chain is very badly scored and has quite a number of racism accusations. They must be specially breeding their staff to get such a low score!

 Thought for the day: What is the value of any "justice system?" Where, if you have to ask the price, you can't afford it!


~~

No comments:

Post a Comment