21 Jan 2022

21.01.2022 Swan alert!

 ~~

 Friday 21st 23-39F, -5+4C, still dark at 8.40. More sunshine promised. Yesterday's sun was veiled by cloud. The same happened again today. Beautiful golden light for my walk. Then cloud. Whooper swans flew over in tight formation.

 I gave myself another workout by walking on the frozen verge or edges of the fields. There is a slight improvement in my aching knees.

 The dealer told me that the Scarpa factory in Italy has been hit by Covid. So I shall have to be patient if I want to see replacement boots under guarantee. 

 There is a new variant of Covid called B.A2. The experts are saying that having had Omicron may not give protection. There may be yet another wave. Denmark is seeing record numbers of positive Covid tests. Falling numbers of hospitalizations. Too soon to say how lethal B.A2 might prove.

Light rain at 15.00.


~~

No comments:

Post a Comment