30 Jan 2022

30.01.2021 Storm Malik recedes.

 ~~

 Sunday 30th 40F, gales continuing. The garden trees are still rocking at 08.00. Though it looks like becoming a sunny day. The wind can be heard roaring outside at intervals. As I sit at my dormer window "office" waiting to go for my walk. I didn't notice the wind overnight and slept soundly for a change. 

 Flooding is expected around the northern Danish coasts. Reaching 1.5m / 5' above normal levels in places. The police are receiving reports of lots of fallen trees across the roads. Though I can see no damage from indoors. Yesterday it was so dark at this time I considered taking a torch. Today it is normal daylight. 

 The wind was still strong and remarkable steady. With the roads littered with small branches, twigs and berries. A few crash test dummies tried their luck at the national speed record. Throwing twigs up at me with utter disdain. No obvious sign of damage anywhere on my route. 

On one exposed stretch. i.e. Hedges cleared. With the wind over my shoulder. I was physically forced into a trot. By the sheer power of the wind. I wish I'd taken an anemometer. The wind turbines had been turned into the wind and the brakes applied. A few birds fought their way across the sky. Or gave up and changed direction. While the gulls seemed to enjoy it. As they swooped and soared. The sun looked sickly.

Spent the day outside working on a project. It was quite pleasant as the wind slowly died down. Becoming cooler now. As it sneaks towards an overnight frost.


~~

No comments:

Post a Comment