18 Jan 2022

18.01.2022 Scarpa's Gore-Tex garbage bags are crap!

 ~~

Tuesday 18th 41F, overcast. Sunny periods promised for this afternoon. My usual walk to the lanes. I am still wearing my Kamik snow boots. Which are not ideal for walking any distance. 

I am still waiting on Scarpa to confirm my Revolution boots are leaking like a sieve. Five weeks and counting since they were returned to the dealer. Who forwarded them to Scarpa in Italy. Just to see if the Gore-Tex, garbage bag liners have punctured. Guess what? They have! You don't need a fancy machine and months of working through a huge backlog of testing to feel they are wet in the toes!

Few Gore-Tex garbage bag lined, walking boots seem able to survive for more than a year. My previous Salomon and Ekko boots both punctured. Both claimed Gore-Tex garbage bag liners. It's not as if my gentle morning walks stresses them. I could feel the cold and wet just crossing the lawn! I wear walking boots to protect my ankles when I have to dive onto the rough verge when a crash test dummy doesn't alter course.

At the obscene retail price of these boots it is more like paying in advance to hire them for a year. Then having to start all over again. Dealer's responsibility for faulty goods? Garbage! National or EU Consumer protection? Garbage! 

 

~~

No comments:

Post a Comment