10 Jan 2022

10.01.2022 It's all a pretence!

 ~~

Monday 10th 35F, damp, slightly misty and overcast. 08.30 and it is only beginning to get light. I gave it another hour before I rumbled off in my big, winter boots. A large, brown bird of prey was dashing about on a large field. Later I saw two red kites in the air. The crows and jackdaws were being a bit of a nuisance. Times are hard in the bird world.

________________________________

I have read the various online news websites and can't find anything I really want to to moan about today. I ought to have a new year's resolution: To pretend to be more positive in the face of overwhelming odds:

Jinping Plague, Climate, The 1%, Obscene Inequality, Trump, Racism, Slavery, Royalty, Corruption, The Internet, Social Media, Energy Poverty, Pollution, AI, Terrorism, Injustice, Plastic Waste & Dictatorship...! The list goes on and on!

Or, there's the pandemic, climate, the 1 %, inequality, corruption, the internet and social media, chump, racism, energy poverty, pollution, AI, terrorism, slavery, royalty, waste, injustice and dictatorship. Almost none of them affect me directly.  Nothing in my quiet, rural existence suggests such realities even exist. Except for a few masks discarded onto the verges. Even that isn't a direct link to the world's hospitals full of dying people. Desperately clinging on via their respirators.

Nothing much has changed in my lifetime. Except the names in the headlines. Would I notice anything different if I stopped reading the news so avidly? Would anything really change if I rearranged the list? How could I possibly prioritize? Is my daily browsing of the bad news on several websites being deliberately directed towards such stories by invisible algorithms? Does my "bad news blogging" bias my search results?

Do I thrive on misery and anger? Does my consternation at the endless idiocy of mankind provide a much needed adrenaline boost? Or is it just habit to be constantly angry about the headlines? The decades of anxiety over impending, nuclear war never affected anything in "real life." Did I develop a dependence on such stories just to feel alive? 

Is it the same for everybody else? Would I be happier as a rabid, Conspiracy Theorist with a shrunken brain? Or a spectator sports fan, without any brains at all. Denied a "vital" win by evil, external forces? Is modern life so utterly boring and simultaneously stressful that we all need our bad news fixes? 

Does the media Matrix require we are constantly aroused? Will we fail to buy our daily dose of saturated tat and fat in the absence of another worry to be commercially assuaged? Are we buying to forget? 

Will the politicooze loose all rhyme and reason without their artificial news leaks and carefully timed, sordid reveals? Are they really necessary? What do they actually do anything for mankind? "They" say The 1% own and rule the world. The 1% don't pay taxes. So all income tax in the world is [by default] the direct redistribution of wealth upwards to the 1%. The annual statistics of their wealth accretion "prove it."

It is widely reported that much of the human race has stopped breeding. Or have even stopped having sex. So there aren't enough younger, wage slaves to pay the pensions for all the retired wage slaves. Robots don't pay income tax. "They" say the robots are taking over... Is the plague an AI plot by the 1% designed to thin out "the weeds?" You do the math! 😉


~~

No comments:

Post a Comment