22 Aug 2021

22.08.2021 Incoming!

 ~~

 Sunday 22nd, 57F. Heavy overcast when we were promised sunshine. I spotted a gaggle of geese overhead just as I reached the road. A longer walk today. Down to the village and along the spray tracks. Past the marsh pond. Where dozens of juvenile ducks took fright. As they do every time. No doubt prompted by the heron. Which rules the local roost.

Onwards, to snake around the forest. Finally allowing me to cut upwards and across the newly harvested stubble. Then back down the south ridge. Passing the mysterious raised mound with its mature oaks. 

A Red kite joined me over the last field. To give an effortless, aerobatic display. Though resenting my turning to take a fuzzy snap. By distancing itself. I was gone for an hour and a half in all.

~~

No comments:

Post a Comment