28 Aug 2021

28.08.2021 More rain.

 ~~

Saturday 28th 57F, heavy overcast, continuing wet and windy from the NE. The picture is from two days ago. When the sun remembered to shine.

I repeated yesterday's walk around the stubble fields. The grey mist of approaching rain could be seen as the landscape vanished from view.

After several days of the Internet being at the speed I pay for, it has now dropped back to "normal." i.e. Only 1/3 of what I am [supposedly] paying for. Or, I am paying three times as much. For the service my ISP only pretends to provide in their lying, online propaganda. 

Incompetence or crookery? If this were the UK I could just call the Local Trading Standards Office for expert advice. Denmark has no visible, consumer protection. If it had, then the supermarkets would be in deep trouble for repeated and deliberate false advertising. Offers which don't and never did exist. Except in the minds of the endlessly optimistic punter drawn to the shop.

This has been going on for at least the 2.5 decades I have been living here. Then there is the failure to match display price labels with the charge at the checkout. Online sales have only boosted their ability to rip off the consumer. Some big shed "consumer electronics" chains wouldn't know the truth if it caved their roofs in. All of this is only possible in a sales environment completely without, visible, consumer protection. 

Denmark is going to drop all domestic, pandemic restrictions on the 10th September. The authorities believe the high percentage of those vaccinated means the Jinping Plague is no longer a critical threat to society. Let us hope they are correct. The world seems to be backtracking on previous freedoms as new mutations cause more waves of infection. I shall continue to be the only one in the village wearing a mask. I haven't had a professional haircut in over two years. It's not a cosmetic issue. I just hate the thickness of my hair at the back. Can you have a proper trim while wearing a mask? Probably not. Is it worth the risk of going without? Probably not.


~~

No comments:

Post a Comment