12 Aug 2021

12.08.2021 A red deer doe.

 ~~

Thursday 12th 63F, bright but rather cloudy again. Just my usual walk. Took a few snaps. The Marsh harriers seem to have moved on. A smaller bird of prey was circling over the garden on my return. There was a Red deer doe resting behind our back garden hedge yesterday afternoon. It eventually became tired of being peered at and disappeared through the far hedge. 

We used to find deer in the garden when we first moved here. Hedges and fencing put a stop to that. I haven't mentioned that I saw an all black squirrel the other day. The first squirrel I've seen in probably 20 years. I was out in the car and it ran across the road in front of me. We had one clinging to a tall tree in a gale back then. Never to be seen again. 


~~

No comments:

Post a Comment