8 Oct 2020

8.10.2020 A long, grey, wet day.

 ~~

Thursday 8th 51F, heavy overcast and breezy with rain forecast for all day. No ill effects from yesterday's ride. In fact my knees are feeling better. 

A steady walk in heavy rain to the lanes. The roads were wet so every vehicle provided free tyre spray. I moved to the back of the verge where possible and turned my back. A Tesla passed and sounded no different from the fossil cars. Presumably their sound is mostly tyre roar. As are adequately silenced, fossil cars.

My cheapo [man made] camouflage jacket has added "blotting paper" to its technical specification. This is in addition to being sweaty in the dry. My T-shirt shoulders are wet despite my wearing a thin jumper underneath the jacket. I can't even claim the "camo" helps me to avoid scaring the wildlife. The ducks laugh just as raucously at my arrival. There's no respect!

September 2020 continues the warming trend by being the hottest ever recorded globally. The Arctic ice is at its second lowest level since satellite records began. 

The day continued with solid cloud, rain and wind.


~~

No comments:

Post a Comment