22 Sept 2020

22.09.2020 Mist and autumn fruitfulness.

 ~~

Tuesday 22nd 47-68F, a repeat of yesterday. Overnight mist followed by later sunshine. The mist is not quite as thick as yesterday's and cleared much earlier. Trees are just visible as dark silhouettes at 100 yards. 

Time to go and play in the traffic! Everybody needs a hobby. The drivers were just as predictable. The same zombie mode behind the wheel. The mobile phones clearly active as they sped illegally into the fog even when dragging a trailer. The complete absence of skill or just, basic common sense, is both terrifying and perplexing. Nothing has changed in over half a century. The players are just replaced as they fall. Or are knocked off the board.

I should have taken my new camera. The mist was clearing quickly to the onslaught of sharp sunshine and the familiar views were gorgeous. I took 103 images in an hour with my TZ7 as I tried to capture the mist, seemingly sinking into the ground. Playing with the images in post processing completely alters the atmosphere. I quite like this one even if it is a collection of clichés. It was a matter of finding an overhanging tree to block the blinding sunlight. I borrowed the same, roadside tree to provide a frame. Rule of thirds and double golden spirals reign supreme.

The afternoon was continuously sunny and pleasantly warm.


~~

No comments:

Post a Comment