28 Jul 2026

28.07.2026 My life story in Danish.

 ~?~

  Tuesday 28th 60F/16C[8.20] Bright and breezy. Peaking at 21C/69F. Slightly warmer than yesterday but less windy. 20C/68F indoors. 16C/61F in the greenhouse. 

 Up at 7.20 after another busy night filling the fire bucket. 

 I have an appointment for a haircut after lunch. 

 I have measured the roof overhang of the shed. Which forms a sort of porch in front of the new entrance door. The window in the door lights the hall. However, the light reaching the window is severely limited by the opaque roof overhang. The door faces north and lots of tall trees. 

 So I intend to fit clear plastic, roof sheeting on the overhang. To let more light in. This means another trip into town. Possibly with the trailer. The Morris cannot manage long items. Even if I roll them up tight and tie them. 

 The Morris can manage just over 2m. If the item is narrow enough in width. To fit between the front seats and right into the passenger foot well. The seats only hinge forward. Because the backs are fixed solidly to the seat frame. So they can't be tilted backward. Like they can in most modern cars. 

 I drove over 20km to one builder's merchant. Which claimed over the phone that they had stock, but didn't. So I had to dash back to have a shower in time for my haircut. 

 She kept me waiting for over ten minutes. So I shan't go back there again. Though she offers a great haircut they are very expensive. Double what I have been paying to the hairdresser who retired. 

 After the haircut I drove to another builders merchant. Where they had plenty of stock of roofing sheets. At a 50% higher price! Having no choice I bought six. The warehouse worker kindly helped me to squeeze the sheets behind the front seats to rest on the top of the back seats. Only just!

 On the way home I saw an ex-colleague outside her house. Whom I hadn't seen in years. I was invited in for coffee and we sat outside in the sunshine and chatted. In Danish, for two hours. So there was no lunch that day.

 Finally I left for home. Where a pile of washing up was waiting for me. While I cooked dinner. 

  ~?~

No comments:

Post a Comment