25 Jul 2026

25.07.2026 25km and a recumbent.

 ~?~

 Saturday 25th 62F/17C [8.00] Bright but rather cloudy. Showers later this afternoon. Already windy. Gusting from 10-12m/s from the south west. 21C/70F in the room. 18C/65F in the greenhouse. 

 Up at 7.15 after earlier attempts failed to materialize. I have watered the outdoor plants. 

 Another ride this morning? My Toupeak JoeBlow Sport track pump isn't registering the proper pressure any more. Nothing leaking but the dial isn't rising to match the Mk1 thumb. 

 12.30 Back from a 25km ride. Headwind going. Tailwind coming back. There was an HP Velo Scorpion, recumbent trike parked outside the charity shop. I'm lucky if I see one every five years in Denmark. The owner was not at all chatty when I spoke to him. I opened with "nice cycle" in Danish. Nothing. He turned and went into the shop.

 Just as I left the shop again I was overtaken by two stick insects on carbon racing bikes. One male and one female. Obviously super-fit cyclists out on a fast training ride. I quickly caught them as we approached a red traffic light. To which there was no response. They just kept going through on the red! The next traffic light was green and they continued on their way. As I turned off for a supermarket. 

 I shopped there and on the way home. The tailwind felt more like a crosswind.  

 The afternoon was wasted on YouTube.

 Dinner was beans on toast. 


 ~?~


No comments:

Post a Comment