24 Jul 2026

24.07.2026 Resurrected.

 ~?~

  Friday 24th 56F/13C [6.35] Overcast. A long grey day is forecast. Quite breezy from the west. Peaking at 22C/71F. 22C/71F in the room. 14C/57F in the [open] greenhouse. 

 I am ventilating the greenhouse to maintain lower temperatures in the pond. Now I have made up a short length of non-kinking harden hose with Q/R fittings. To top up the greenhouse pond from the kitchen mixer tap. Using a spray head to oxygenate the water as it goes into the pond. 

 I can use the same hose to clean the internal filter. Previously the filter cover was cleaned with buckets of water and hand scrubbing with a brush.  The filter sponges had to be squeezed out repeatedly by hand after dunking in a bucket of water. Which was inefficient and used a lot of water.

 Up at 5.40 after fairly quiet night.

 I need to go into town to buy puncture repair kit from the bike shop. Or big shed DIY outlet? The e-bike has had its first puncture. A thorn. I am extremely lucky to have discovered it while at home! Having foolishly failed to carry the vital repair kit. My Moustache e-bike arrived in March of 2023. The Bosch Connect App tells me I have done only 14,500km in just over three years. That would have been a single year's mileage in my peak triking days.

 9.50 Back from town with a bag full of stuff for mending, cleaning and maintaining the e-bike. I bought a very simple, small  bell. I wanted something more polite than my present bell. Which produces a loud multi-strike ring. My thinking is that a single ding will get their attention without sounding aggressive. 

 I asked the bike shop which patches and glue they use for punctures. They don't. They always replace the inner tube. 

 I started chatting with an elderly Dane outside one shop. He liked the Morris and it broke the ice. He was much traveled and once spoke numerous languages. I need a hat like his. In Gandalf style. To keep the sun off the unprotected patio! Or "upper terrace" in Chez Hovel terms. 

 I fixed the puncture and thoroughly cleaned the e-bike. Which made me lightheaded and disturbed my vision. Low blood pressure? I can rest while I have lunch.

 I repaired the puncture and cleaned the e-bike thoroughly. Using the hose and its spray head to rinse off the grease remover.

 Dinner was a huge mound of salad.  

  

 

  ~?~

No comments:

Post a Comment