~?~
Monday 27th 56F/13C [8.00] Bright but cloudy. Probably dry. Westerly winds. A cool 16C/61F peak. Though there is talk of another heatwave on the way. 20C/68F in the room. 14C/57F in the greenhouse.
Up at 7.15 after a fairly quiet night. With more, weird and silly dreams. The last one I remember was a large team of tennis players spread out on a vast playing field. My racket was half the proper size and I missed the ball.
Google hasn't heard of bicycle tires/tyres. Ask it how to center or align a tire and you'll get infinite hits on wheel truing. No matter which search terms you use. The reason I asked was the reflective stripe on the rear tire after refitting. It is no longer perfectly concentric. Was I supposed to use a lubricant to ensure proper seating? Like they do with car tires. I have never dealt with such a wide tire before. I finally found a short YT video which destroys all the usual suggestions. The answer? Washing up liquid and water. Applied with a brush as a non-injurious lubricant.
I can't add the live link. Because Google's ownership of YT and its desperate need for billions more in advertising income has corrupted any hope of the original video being displayed.
https://youtu.be/y3PSyeRUfsk?si=lvZKg1tjjOIsi-no So just swipe, copy and paste.
I need not have worried. The stripes aren't concentric. The bead alignment lines are and they run true with the rim.
I have to go into the village apotek for two more lots of tablets.
12.30 I am back from a 17km ride into the village. Detouring back via the forest. Despite the gusty gales. Rather cloudy. With rationed sunshine. Very little traffic.
~?~
No comments:
Post a Comment