~?~
Tuesday 21st 49F/9.4C [6.20] Bright, with a final sunny day. Peeking at 23C/73F. Before temperatures drop and cloudy weather arrives. NW winds increasing slowly. Gusting to 12m/s later. 20C/68F in the room. 8.5C/47F in the greenhouse.Up at 5.45 after a busy night at the fire bucket. Borderline dizzy in the background.
7.30 55F/13C. I have just been outside to check the plants. They don't need watering. The drive doesn't need another trim either. It is really rather chilly out there. I was treated to a warbler's rendition of a Paganini piece.
12.45 71F/22C. Bright sunshine and breezy. I went for a ride to check on progress of the new cycle path. Whereupon I discovered the route was just navigable from Flemløse to Ebberup.
Though surface conditions deteriorated the nearer I came to Ebberup. At Flemløse the surface had been graveled and rolled firm. Several walkers were enjoying the route. No warning signs to keep off. So I went off road.
The firm gravel surface continued on for some kilometers of delightful scenery. Though I soon became grateful for wide tires and full suspension. The gravel was no longer rolled but only as laid. With lots of tracks from what may have been mopeds or scooters. Plus the occasional tractor tire pattern. Some of the tracks made the going lethal at intervals. As they weaved from side to side. I eventually came across a rusty diesel roller and the device being used to spread and measure the depth of the fine gravel. From then on it was firm mud. Of varying quality of surface and smoothness. The number of weeds suggest that the old rail track had not been touched in quite some time. Not since the tracks and sleepers had been lifted.At Ebberup the relatively smooth mud gave way to tall grass. Strictly single track and safe for walking only. At that point I rejoined the road briefly. Before taking a narrow lane. Which snaked uphill across the agricultural landscape. With hardly a house to be seen. Lots of Red kites were hunting over the lying hay and grass. I must have seen a dozen kites this morning. I kept to the narrowest and quietest lanes. As I headed home into the wind.
~?~


No comments:
Post a Comment