12 Nov 2022

12.11.2022 Huge fry up.

 ~~

 Saturday 12th 54F/12C. Slightly misty and overcast. The record breaking, mild weather continues but at the cost of overcast skies. Indoor temperatures continue to remain high at 66F upstairs this morning. Thanks to only a few logs on the stove yesterday evening.

 9.45 Returned from a longer walk.  The "wrong way" down to the next village. Up the steep track to the beech woods. Where I saw groups of five and three deer. Down the hill at the edge of the prairie to the portal to the main track. Back to another village and then home. 

 It was so mild I had my jacket open to just a t-shirt and was still too warm despite the headwind. So I took off my cap for the return journey. Two large, brown birds of prey flew away. Possibly European buzzards. A smaller, lighter bird of prey, sailed off through the branches of the forest.

 I had to do the washing up before morning coffee. Because there were no  clean pans, plates, mugs nor cutlery. That "somebody" didn't get around to it last night [again!] I was pondering the advantages of a washing up machine. Sadly they don't do a home robot yet. Loading and unloading a machine myself seems too much like hard work!

 Inflation is now so high. That by the time you reach the checkouts in Netto. The prices have risen by 10% from the labels displayed on the shelves.

 Plans for today: More cement rendering first. Then a visit to the recycling yard and some vital shopping in the same village.

 10.45 Another layer of render in the recessed areas of the wall to the middle and upper right. Almost there now in filling the sunken areas. I looked it up on the internet and one should wait for several days between adding layers! Not to mention scoring lines to improve adhesion.  

 11.00 Time to go shopping and delivering a bookshelf and garden waste to the recycling yard.

12.30 54.5F/12.5C. Overcast. Returned from the village. Lighter by one trailer full. Weighed down with shopping. I bought some bacon and organic, oven ready chips! I need to widen my dietary options. 

Time to think about making lunch. 

 Dinner was chips, fried brown mushrooms, diced chicken, bacon and eggs. Apart from a broken egg my cooking timing was fine. I needed the smaller frying pan for the eggs and it is no longer reliably non-stick. I think I'll try some different chips next time. I remember the wavy ones being fluffy. The organic ones were greasy and soggy after the recommended 25 minutes in the oven. While the bacon was ridiculously salty compared to my fading memory of having eaten any. We stopped eating pig's meat years ago. As a personal protest against carpet bombing of pig's diarrhoea in the surrounding fields.


~~

No comments:

Post a Comment