10 Nov 2022

10.11.2022 Getting a belated handle on things.

 ~~

 Thursday 10th 47F. Another grey day with rain at lunch time. Up at 4.45 to bright moonlight. Fortnightly, Thursday cooking class. For real this time. I turned up to the alternate class and people started introducing themselves. That's twice now! Once on the alternate Tuesday and once on the Thursday.  🙄 Silly old .....

 07.30 Light at last. With bright orange clouds. Walkies! The clouds were the main attraction on my walk. With a strongly pleated and barred sign of wave formation. The contrast between light and shade highlighted the brightest areas. So that they glowed in gold and silver. 

 Definitely feeling cooler today. The rising, south-westerly breeze not helping matters. A dark brown, bird of prey circled away from me. Just above the matching, dark chocolate, freshly ploughed soil.

 15.30 53F. Returned from the cooking class. Saw several birds of prey on my way home. Then had a nap to catch up on my rather early morning. It feels cold indoors at 63F/17C upstairs. Breezy, with heavy overcast and rain on the windows.

 16.00 Lit the stove. Then fitted a brass handle on the lounge door instead of a screw hook. The latter having adorned the door for probably 20 years.

Dinner will be boiled potatoes, fried diced chicken and baked beans. 

 I overcooked the chicken again! Starting too soon to coincide with the potatoes being ready in 35 minutes. So that the chicken become brown and crispy long before the time was up on the spuds.

 I had the stove burning until 9.30 pm. Indoor temperatures rose to a comfortable 66F/19C upstairs and down. Then stayed that way overnight. All thanks to very mild overnight temperatures outside. From fading memory I think I used only four, beech split logs of less than 10cm/4" cross section and 30cm long. I'm very pleased with the heating power of the new stove.


~~

No comments:

Post a Comment