7 Dec 2021

7.12.2021 Scarpa Revolution boots leaking after 14 months of gentle, morning walks.

 ~~

Tuesday 7th 34F, pitch black at 07.50. A cold, grey, breezy day with light, wintry showers is promised. 

Just my routine walk under a leaden sky. No pictures at all today.  

I have had to return my Scarpa Revolution boots because they started leaking badly in the toe. Not ideal given my need for walking boots on a daily basis. Particularly in winter. Worse, the dealer tells me that Scarpa averages 6 weeks to turn around warranty claims! 

The boots were around fifteen months old and hardly stressed by my gentle morning walks. They are supposed to be 3-season, mountain, walking & scrambling boots. They are/were by far the most comfortable boots I have ever worn. Not so, when my toes felt suddenly cold within a few yards on a wet day. That would be the Gore-Tex membrane puncturing prematurely.


~~

No comments:

Post a Comment