20 Dec 2021

20.12.2021 Sunny dystopia.

 ~~

Monday 20th 26F, white frost, clear and calm. 

I have to go to the city on official, Brexit business. I pray I can find parking. On Google Earth the whole city center looks like it has been carpet bombed by the developers. I think it is called "desertification" due to all the sand and gravel. They permanently closed a major, multi-lane thoroughfare. Which completely changed the layout for through traffic. Which was often trying to get to edge of town mega-stores.

I was reading an article about combinations of air pollutants in cities. For some reason all the toxins are well known individually.  However, nobody seems to have added two and three together. To make seventy seven on the chronic injury scale. Fortunately it is usually the "lower orders" who are directly subjected to traffic fumes and noise. So that's alright then.

Safely home again after my outing to the city. I found a three hour, free parking spot in a business park area. Lots of traffic about amid brilliant sunshine.

~~

No comments:

Post a Comment