29 Nov 2021

29.11.2021 Omicron +3.

  ~~~

Monday 29th 35F, overcast. There was snow falling in varying degrees of wetness during my walk. A little cold on my hands when I pulled them from my pockets to take pictures. A brief glimpse of brightness in a patch of turquoise to the south east. No precipitation was forecast for today. Sunny periods later.

There are already two, known cases of the new Omicron variant in Denmark. 4300 new cases in Denmark of the Delta. Hospitals are already under intense pressure from the Delta variant. Particularly amongst the unvaccinated. There is ongoing, industrial unrest amongst nurses. Who are complaining of poor pay and working conditions.    

It took four hours to get a new [budget] HP printer to work normally. I print only rarely these days but need it for specific tasks like prepaid, return labels. A temporary download of W11 killed off my old budget printer. It did the same to a scanner. That was once a vital tool but I hadn't used it for years. These days I photograph anything needing copying into the digital format. The new printer claims to have a scanner built in. I haven't dared to try it yet. One can only cope with a limited amount of such aggravation. 

BTW: The trick to getting the printer connected was to ignore all the HP bølløcks. I just Add[ed] New Printer in Windows and that broke its stubborn tantrum. I wonder if I can get a refund on all the paper and ink the HP consumed during its failure to "lift off?"

 UPDATE: My ruse didn't work for long. Turning off the printer killed printing again. Fortunately I contacted HP Danish support and Kasper walked me through the set-up. Great bloke!

~~

No comments:

Post a Comment