29 Mar 2021

29.03.2021 First ride in ages.

 ~~

Monday 29th 44-48F, very heavy overcast, windy and wet. Misty rain turned to heavy drizzle in the duration of my 40 minute walk to the lanes. No rain was/is forecast by either professional, seaweed fondling competitor. A song thrush bellowed from the roadside hedge above the traffic noise. Song thrushes don't seek the topmost twig of a tree, like blackbirds do. So are much more difficult to spot. 

It rained for most of the morning. After lunch it stopped. So I rode on an errand. Only 8-9 miles on undulating lanes. At first the trike felt light and agile and I was going well. Not surprising with the wind at my back and mostly downhill. It rained briefly at half way but I safely posted the birthday card. Now the equivalent of £3.50 for an international, 50g letter to Gravely Broxit?

On the way back the wind was roaring in my ears. This, despite the Cosy Grip Grab "Aviator" medieval cap under my helmet. Now suddenly everything was uphill and the brakes must be dragging. I was now saddle sore after only a few miles. Though it was probably muscular rather than friction. I was wearing "proper" cycling shorts over long, thermal underwear. My feet were comfy too in my now elderly, Northwave, MTB, winter boots and loop pile, farmer's socks. 

~~ 

No comments:

Post a Comment