12 Dec 2019

12.12.19 Hot flush!

*

Thursday 12th 39F, another grey day in prospect.
I had a bad night after yesterday's violent wrestling match with the dentist. The rear lower tooth was absolutely determined to stay in place.

Once I returned home and the local anaesthetic wore off, the pain took the rest of the day to subside. It left me with an all-night headache and I woke up repeatedly. This morning I rose early after frequent glances at the clock. As soon as I had made coffee and muesli I had a hot flush with extreme dizziness. 

I was dripping with sweat and unable to open my eyes without wanting to throw up. Everything was in a thick, white mist! Fortunately I was not sick. Though it felt like the worst hangover of my life! When I was finally able to stand, after 30 minutes bent over and unable to move, my legs were paralysed. They would not take my weight and tingled and shook strangely.

I felt as if I was going to collapse as I struggled back upstairs still bathed in cold sweat. It was just like being in a tropical heat wave. I couldn't manage the muesli. Not even with plenty of milk to soften the oats. Fortunately the coffee was cold by now and went down without a problem. Half an hour later I am shaking with cold. Went to bed in a thick down jacket under a thick, winter down duvet to try and warm up. Woke up still feeling weak after a nap. Very odd indeed! 

*

No comments:

Post a Comment