25 Dec 2019

Season's Greetings. Whoever you are.

*


Wednesday 25th 41F. Too dark to see anything at 8.10 or even 8.30am. We are promised some sunshine. Actual timing depending on which flavour of weather forecaster is favoured. Low slung cloud is very slowly thinning to blue. Though still no sunshine and the cloud may still win. It did. No sunshine all day!

Best seasonal wishes to my remaining viewers regardless of your personal superstitions. While I have always attempted humour in my nonsense [nonsensical] monologues it is probably missed by most. A casual reader might even consider me a cranky old man. Though that is and never was my intention. Every year I feel the need to reinvent myself but usually it is just more of the same.

I am no longer the OCD tricyclist. The desire to be many miles from home with the headwind in my hair has completely gone. Yet I still enjoy the familiarity of my blog to try to put the world to rights. If I talked only about cycling I would have very little to say these days. Yet my comments, about everyday idiocy, probably jar with my former, cycling readership. You can't please all of the people all of the time.

Abandoning a blog merely results in far fewer visitors. It never really dies. What was discussed there, in the fast receding past, still has some relevance. If only to myself. It just doesn't progress beyond my last thoughts [or actions] on that particular subject. Just the price of being a long-lived butterfly when it comes to all my lifetime's obsessions, hobbies and interests.

Have a good one. If you can. But if, like many, you are standing in the way of other's right to life,  liberty and happiness then remember that the Internet never forgets. Nor forgives your crimes against humanity. One day, justice will be served. Evil is not a mental illness. Nor ever an excuse. No matter how wealthy you make your corrupt lawyers. It is a deliberate, personal choice. Often made out of weakness. But, far more likely, one of insatiable greed. May you never find peace. In this, or the next life. Choose wisely. There is no victimless crime. Only misery caused by your own, deliberate, petty actions. A marble mausoleum is a piss poor ending for anyone not obviously worthy of the honour.

*

No comments:

Post a Comment