8 Jul 2021

8.07.2021 Lenovo PC [2015-2021] RIP. It was too young to die!

 ~~

Thursday 8th 62F, bright but cloudy. Expected to get cloudier all day.- With the threat of thunder this afternoon. We had a full-on tip down, or three, yesterday in the late afternoon.

A wander up and down the road as I snapped away at anything not actively running away. Mostly landscapes of endless fields stuffed with crops. There were a lot of small trees growing on the verges. I wonder how long they will last?

My 6 year-old Lenovo PC died yesterday. RIP. Has MS a master plan to rid the world of W10 clones in readiness for  W11? There was an W10 update yesterday. Coincidence? I could be conspiracy theorist with the best of them. OMG! Without my PC I won't know what to think. If my typing seems better this morning then it must be my laptop. I'm using the same keyboard as usual.

I used MS Creative Media software but it wouldn't load any of the options. I didn't have a large flash drive about my person. So tried using a portable SSD instead. It spent the whole evening loading and checking W10 onto the T5. Then sneered at it as incompatible. Really? It is supposed to be repair software. Isn't it? I dismantled the hard drive but it it looked fine. Put the lid back on, plugged it in and it clicked. That was all.

I'm going to hoover all the dust out of the PC to see if that helps. Failing that it's off to the local garage and their pressure washer. I shall wear a mask of course. The only one in the village. Though I shan't be wearing my usual union jack cycling cape. Not after Denmark lost to Gravely Blighted in the WAG stakes.

Now I see The Big Chump is suing the big tech, advertising companies for calling Chumpism a sex cult. I wouldn't! 😱


~~

No comments:

Post a Comment