10 Jul 2021

10.07.2021 7 miles without getting lost.

 ~~

Saturday 10th, 60F, heavy overcast, calm and wet. An unconfirmed, new record was set yesterday by a cloudburst over Kerteminde. It dropped 169mm. Over 6" as a storm stalled over the town. There were floods over much of Denmark. As the thunderstorm warnings are repeated day after day.

A normal shopping ride on the trike. A 7 mile round trip with strict instructions not to get lost. First heavy cycle shopping in 18 months or more. I wore a mask in the supermarket. The only one in the village. With one jab so far and new variants cropping up all the time, I'm not taking any chances. The roads were littered with dead and dying slugs again. I passed a jet black polecat/ferret/weasel/mink with a white front. It was sitting bolt upright on the road in the woods and staring at the verge. Completely ignored me as I passed within inches on my trike.

 

~~

No comments:

Post a Comment