28 Apr 2021

28.04.2021

 ~~~

Wednesday 28th 37-53F, cool start but sunny again. An early, brisk limp to the lanes. Skylarks, Goldfinches and geese provided today's entertainment. It soon turned cloudy.

A late morning ride for 14 miles of undulating lanes. Almost no traffic. I am incredibly lucky to have these unspoilt lanes to myself. The cold easterly headwind roared in my ears. While I was spinning in top gear when heading west. 

What looked like a dead buzzard lay on the verge. Though I was travelling fast at the time. My swollen knee was never noticeable until I climbed off. 

The Danish government has released a plan to make agriculture more climate friendly and reduce CO2. It has been panned as having far too little ambition. Even the idea of flooding low lying marsh land, instead of cropping it, is weaker than the farmers themselves have already suggested. Drained marshland releases masses of CO2.

53 cars have now been confiscated under the new law covering "insane driving" in Denmark since the beginning of the month. Only half of these were owned by the driver. Insane driving covers driving at 100% over the speed limit. Driving at over 200kmph and being under the effect of excessive alcohol or drugs. Five of these 53 drivers were women. The confiscated cars are auctioned.


~~

No comments:

Post a Comment