6 Feb 2021

6.02.2021 Getting colder!

 ~~

Saturday 6th 21F/-6C. 51F/11C indoors. Windy! From NE. Early cloud has cleared with the promise of a cold but sunny day. Now it has clouded over again! I want my promised sunshine and I want it now!

It didn't take long for the sun to find its way out again. I walked up to the forest, plodded uphill alongside and then descended to the next village. The wind was roaring in the hedges and laying long pleats of snow wherever it could find the slightest gap. A buzzard left circling on the updraught from the cliff face of the forest receding behind me.

Every time I stopped to take [53] photographs my fingers would ache with cold for the next ten minutes. Each time, my gloved hands were thrust deep into my jacket pockets to speed the recovery. As I neared home I decided to cross the last field to save time. Completely forgetting the [dry] drainage ditch. Where the snow ploughing had recently covered it over. I sank instantly up to my waist and then fell forwards. Face down! What a silly person! No injuries reported so far. 😊


 ~~

No comments:

Post a Comment