3 Feb 2021

3.02.2021 Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow.

 ~~

Wednesday 3rd Feb. 30F, dark, heavy overcast with snow promised. The forecasters are at odds with a difficult prediction for southern Denmark. It could fall as sleet if temperatures rise. 

Leaden skies on my early walk up to the forest and back along the marsh. I had a nasty shock when my old TZ7 camera completely failed to launch. Five Mallards were keeping a tiny patch of water open right out in the middle of the pond. They looked about to abandon but I kept my distance via the tractor tracks and they shuffled off the ice and back into the water. A large, bird of prey was less brave and left on first sighting of my lumbering form. 

Changing batteries solved the TZ7 reluctance to perform. The battery seemed fine yesterday. Perhaps it succumbed to the cold? The first flurry of snow arrived at 9.20 as I enjoyed morning coffee. Though without the bread rolls again. Because they have been strangely absent from the shops. No marmalade either. So it was honey today. I hope the snow doesn't hinder this afternoon's grocery delivery.

100mm/4" of snow by lunch time. I went out after lunch to do some clearing.

 

~~

No comments:

Post a Comment