9 Oct 2019

9th October 2019 Dy'all want your burger flamed?

*

Wednesday 9th 49-53F, rather cloudy and breezy with sunny periods. Showers possible. And there were!

A walk to the lanes. Where I saw the family of Roe deer grazing near their favourite hedge. A young woman was walking towards me but changed her mind and walked briskly back the way she had come.

Meanwhile I turned off to explore a side lane. At the top of the hill I saw a whole flock of Siskins. Some were drinking from a field puddle while there were at least 20 others hiding in the tall hedges.

On my way back down the same girl was climbing the hill. So our paths crossed. I'd hate to think I intimidated other walkers merely by my presence. There are few enough of them on my morning travels. There are no houses along most of the lane and cars might travel this way perhaps once per quarter of an hour.

After a pleasant walk in weak sunshine it tipped down just after I returned home. My new jacket is proving windproof without excessive warmth. Though today's 50F mildness and cloudiness is hardly a real test.

The climate news is that takeaway chains are responsible for much of the Amazon forestry burning. The report claims that they grow soy beans for animal feed and/or graze cattle on the illegally cleared, forest areas.

I thought this had been going on for decades but I may be mistaken. Years back there were stories of cowboy slaves being used to herd the takeaway's cattle on illegally cleared forest. No doubt aided and abetted by the crooked, local politicooze.


UK fast food ‘linked to Brazilian forest fires’ - BBC News


 Click on any image for an enlargement.
 
*

No comments:

Post a Comment