10 Oct 2019

10.10.19 Unfettered greed fuels CO2 production.

 *

Thursday 10th 47F, rather cloudy with showers promised again. An hour and forty minutes walk up through the forest. I took a new forestry track to end up in a clear felled plateau. The track continued onto the top of a hill overlooking a large area of countryside. Despite the ground being incredibly wet I followed the track down to the marsh. Thence back along another track to the village and the road home.

The new jacket was rather too warm but not in that dripping with sweat, man-made fibres sort of way. I can only presume that the proofed cotton is breathing well. I wore only a thin jumper over a T-shirt under the jacket.

Even this proved to be too warm in the continuous sunshine and almost no wind. I had kept the jacket deliberately closed to test it's performance in different conditions for future reference. Only on the walk back along the road did I open it up to circulate some of the cooling head-on breeze. Still no chill.

Again I was lucky with the weather and it remained dry throughout. As soon as I returned the clouds drew in, it turned dark and rained. 71 pictures gathered today as I enjoyed many new viewpoints. It was often very wet underfoot on my extended route. So I should have worn my old, alpine gaiters. If only I had known, with the clarity of perfect hindsight, that I would be inspired by the low sun to enjoy a longer walk.

Today's climate news is that 20 oil producing countries and companies are responsible for 1/3 of all CO2 emissions. Denmark's largest CO2 producer is a cement producing company.

Revealed: the 20 firms behind a third of all carbon emissions | Environment | The Guardian

The tabloid news in Gravely Blighted is not about the Brexit fiasco. Nor the climate. Not even Chump's corrupt clowning. Not even Harry's tantrums on the denting his absolute entitlement to privacy while living in style, entirely at taxpayer's expense, just for being born. What about the risk of global recession due to US/Chinese dictator's, willy waving squabbles?

No. No. No. You'll never guess if I don't tell you: It's all about footballer's wives! Dugh? 'Nuff said? The BBC staff can all pat themselves on the back for dragging Britain's IQ down to a new and abysmal low to match Their Prime Purpose. Job done! Dumb and Dumber rules, innit, eh?

A late morning ride to the shops. It looked threatening but I almost made it home before the promised deluge. Where I had to whip in under a tree in a farm entrance to avoid a thorough lashing by incoming, white, stair rods. Moments later there was a lull and I was on my way again. Only 7 miles. Returning heavily laden in just over an hour elapsed time despite shopping at three supermarkets. My hero! 😎


Click on any image for an enlargement.


*

No comments:

Post a Comment