26 Oct 2019

26.10.2019 CO2 makes the planet greener?

*

Saturday 26th 54-56F, very dark, heavy overcast, heavy rain and gales. I could hear a roar outside during the night. The DMI forecast is for all day rain. Or for only a few showers from commercial TV2. Just the daily, eany, meany, miney mo. A good day for a walk to test my new weatherproofing. My wife now insists I wear a bright yellow, reflective armband, with flashing red diodes. With 4000 habitual drunks still driving in Denmark I may need some of their promised therapy if I'm not light on my feet! 

The main problems are the 45 degree concrete verge blocks on the blind corners. I am nimble enough to leap up and over them but only when there is a useful grass verge behind them. I get a wave from a few drivers for giving them the room to make their own mistakes.

Though I rarely get any reaction from the 7-axle, freight lorry drivers when I save them from having to drive out and around me. Particularly when there is oncoming traffic. I have to monitor the traffic in both directions and take to the verge accordingly. No point in claiming your 1.5 meters of lawful clearance. Not if that 1.5m is a wooden box which has to be filled with a shovel! You'd be shocked and amazed at how many cars never change their course towards you. Zombie drivers are as common as drunk drivers it seems.Would it be a stretch to suggest that there are far more drunk drivers than those who are caught?

The huntsmen had gathered around the copses for their Saturday morning pheasant shoot. I heard only three shots in half an hour before they were walking back to their cars in the lane. My waterproofs proved to be just that in the windy, drizzly weather. Still mild at 55F. Fortunately, all is well with the world because CO2 makes the planet greener. [According to a Danish politician.] No names. No pack drill.

Sunday 27th 44-46F, calm and bright start but cooler. It was a bit breezy beyond the defensive hedges of Chez Hovel, as I walked to the village and back. There was not a soul about with the clocks having gone back. To which end, The Head Gardener has decreed that we must avoid the stresses and strains of such major clock adjustment. The stable clock, by which the staff are guided through their daily routines, shall only be decremented by five minutes per day. Until, that is, The Staff Timetable has finally caught up [or rather down?] with this new-fangled, Daylight Saving Time. Life was so much easier when we were ruled by the sun dial in the Vegetable Garden. You could set your watch by it. If you had one.

No rain forecast by either competitor but heavy showers carried on after lunch into the afternoon.

*

No comments:

Post a Comment